1. Sola Scriptura – (Scripture Alone) Sola scriptura is the teaching that the Bible is the only inspired and authoritative word of God, is the only source for Christian doctrine, and is accessible to all—that is, it is perspicuous and self-interpreting.
2. Solus Christus -(Christ Alone) Solus Christus is the teaching that Christ is the only mediator between God and man, and that there is salvation through no other than through Jesus Christ.
3. Sola Gratia -(Grace Alone) Sola gratia is the teaching that salvation comes by divine grace or “unmerited favor” only, not as something merited by the sinner. This means that salvation is an unearned gift from God.
4. Sola Fide – (Faith Alone) Sola fide is the teaching that justification (interpreted in Protestant theology as “being declared just by God”) is received by faith only, without any mixture of or need for good works, though in classical Protestant theology, saving faith is always evidenced, but not determined, by good works.
5. Soli Deo Gloria – (The Glory of God Alone) Soli Deo Gloria is the teaching that all glory is to be due to God alone, since salvation is accomplished solely through His will and action — not only the gift of the all-sufficient atonement of Jesus on the cross, but also the gift of faith in that atonement, created in the heart of the believer by the Holy Spirit.